We are looking for a Senior/Civil Engineer to join our dynamic Civils Team based in our Newcastle office.
The ideal candidate should ideally have a minimum of 5 years experience with a minimum of a HND in Civil Engineering. You should have experience of working within the residential, commercial and retail sectors.
- Supporting the Technical Director in the delivery of projects on time and on budget.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies.
- Developing detailed designs.
- Assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as, undertaking risk management in specialist roles.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients.
- The ability to think both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Managing change, as the client may change their mind about the design, and ensuring relevant parties are notified of changes in the project.
- Compiling and checking reports.
- Compiling and reviewing project drawings.
- Undertaking drainage design utilising Micro Drainage/Flow design package and integrating the drainage design into the overall site layout and levels proposal.
- Undertaking the design of the proposed site levels and tie in reviews at all boundaries.
- Using PDS/Civils 3D to assess earthworks volumes, horizontal and vertical road alignments
- Identifying where retaining walls and other structures are required to accommodate the clients proposed scheme.
- Liaising with Local Authorities with regards to highway works.
- Liaising with Water Authorities with regards to applications for foul and storm water drainage designs.
- Liaising with the Environment Agency and other government organisations to obtain approvals for works to proceed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum HND in Civil Engineering.
- Extensive experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally 5 years’ industry experience.
- Experience in PDS/ Civils 3D design software
- Experience in Micro-drainage/Flow Drainage design software
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- The ability to take responsibility for the design and overall delivery of a project.
- To be able to work as part of a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
Send you CV to: [email protected]